Big Cats & Bears (Note to visitors and members) Dec 21, 2015 8:38:59 GMT -9
Post by grrraaahhh on Dec 21, 2015 8:38:59 GMT -9
Because of scheduling demands, I can not be as active administratively speaking in the moderation of the forum. Nonetheless, earlier rules and guidelines remain:
- Scholarly examination and discussion on everything bears is the forum goal. There is NO profit motive in the materials used in this forum. All of the forum material covered is done so in an educational and conservation framework and also in promotional support of like-minded persons, groups, and entities including biologists, zoologists, paleontologists, academicians, conservationists, agencies, institutions, naturalists, photographers, artists, writers, bloggers, etc.
- There is NO room for offensive language and flame style posts. Respect towards other forum members is mandatory. Non-compliance will result in the termination of a member’s account.
- I have no patience for trolls and fan boys. Your accounts will be deleted promptly.
- I do not care for hypothetical animal vs. animal match ups. I do not care for bear vs. X, Y, Z animal. Interspecific relations are valid topics of discussion.
- Please do not bring any silly arguments/squabbles with other bloggers to this forum. Believe me, I have heard them all and I could care less about nonsensical online ramblings especially the youthful kiddy types.
- Transparency is required on all material related posts. No ambiguous data posts. Please try to provide or be prepared to properly cite any data material used. Direct material quotes are preferred to paraphrasing. Fan boy selective or manipulation of data posts are not welcomed.
- To the blogger community and forum visitors, the Shaggy God forum endeavors to provide world-class level data. A lot of effort is made to access these materials. IMO, it is not too much to ask people to properly accredit this forum for extracted data used in other online capacities.
- Forum members, as much as possible – please refrain from reposting other forum materials especially if the data can be accessed materially.
- Complaints can brought to the attention of the forum staff via a PM.
- I would like this forum to be a place where all bear enthusiasts can call home and proverbially speaking talk shop at the highest levels of scholarly communication on everything bears.
- Forum postings are a privilege not a right: Cathedra mea, regulae meae - My Chair My Rules.
Until further notice, the thread entitled, Historical accounts: bears & big cat interactions has been locked. The thread itself is an exception to the forum Rules and Guidelines and was allowed to remain (closer examination shows it was created by a forum member prior to the Rules and Guidelines posting. Regrettably, big cats and bears discussion is a magnet for fanboys and trolls who love to spam forums/blogs with recycled material already covered ad nauseam (I'm serious, a lot of the spam material has been circulating online at least 10-15 years).
It's true we have a handful of threads that for historical reasons (because of their celebrity: e.g., Parnell vs. Ramadam) were examined as they were augmented by new information first posted on this forum but they are the exception to the rule/norm. As much as possible we try to stay scholastically oriented.
For the trolls and fanboys, write whatever you want on your blogs or forums. At this forum nobody cares.